The purpose of the iCARE Paper assignment is to explore the concept of interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Nursing supportive actions of compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice will serve as a way to apply care concepts.
- Getting Started: Interprofessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider you own work environment (or recent clinical setting).
- For this assignment, consider the concept of interprofessional teamwork and patient outcomes.
- Look to your current workplace as an example. (If you are not currently employed, look to a past workplace or clinical practice area.)
- Apply the components of the iCARE concept to interprofessional teams in a short paper. (Body of the paper to be 3 pages, excluding the title page and references page)
- iCARE components are:
- C ompassion
- A dvocacy
- R esilience
- E vidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- How could you contribute to an interprofessional team and patient outcomes through nursing actions of: compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice?
Interprofessional Teams and Patient Outcomes
Nurses are expected to help in the provision of close interaction with patients on many occasions can understand the needs of patients. In the process of provision of such care, there will be a need for nurses to have certain skills and qualities or values to be upheld. Among the values that one should have as a nurse are a compassion and resilience. Further, one should be willing to act as an advocate for the needs of patients and should be in a position to carry out an evidence-based practice to be able to enhance the quality of care of patients. In this iCARE paper, the intention is to evaluate the aspect of teamwork among nurses and the expected outcome.
Tierney, Bivins, and Seers (2019) depict that the acts of compassion are mainly related to caring actions, and as a nurse should be compassionate to be able to enhance patient satisfaction and ensure that there is safer care being provided. The other advantages of nurses acting with compassion are that it will allow for saving on cost and time and allow for the development of confidence among the healthcare providers. There are various ways that a nurse can be able to show compassion.
One of the ways that the healthcare providers can show compassion is by showing empathy to the patient care services. The other way that one can show compassion is to be able to help in relieving the concerns of patients. This is intended to ensure that the patient can concentrate on getting better. With compassion, one can influence the other members of the team by enhancement of their confidence and commitment to care….
(click here to get full solution)