Apply steps of EBP in a 4-6 page paper. The goal is to create a culture of evidence in the setting presented.
The ultimate goal of EBP is to create a culture of evidence in an organization or practice setting. This assessment allows you to finalize the steps on EBP in relation to a health care challenge scenario, and to incorporate the importance of interprofessional communication and collaboration to appropriately assess and address the health care needs of patients and to promote and advance the health of populations.
The following resources are required for the assessment.
- Vila Health: Creating a Culture of Evidence.
- Carlfjord, S., Öhrn, A., & Gunnarsson, A. (2018). Experiences from ten years of incident reporting in health care: A qualitative study among department managers and coordinators. BMC Health Services Research, 18, 1–9.
Write a paper in which you complete the steps of the EBP process and work toward creating a culture of evidence. These instructions provide the scoring guide criteria along with explanatory details as needed.
Analyze the outcomes of an intervention in the EBP process.
- Restate the PICOT question and provide a transition to Step 5 of the EBP process. In this step, an evidence-based intervention has been implemented and data about the outcomes has been gathered. Review the information provided, showing results for the evidence-based practice change that was implemented in 2020 compared to baseline data from 2018 and 2019. Analyze both qualitative and quantitative outcomes.
Develop a continuing evaluation plan in relation to the outcomes from an intervention in EBP.
- Discuss additional data that needs to be collected and methods for doing so. Was the data collected enough to show whether the evidence-based intervention was successful? When should the same or other data be collected to continue evaluating the intervention? How often?ï»¿
Describe strategies to sustain the evidence-based practice improvements through collaboration with professionals in health care and other fields.
- Recommend strategies to sustain this EBP. This may include how to teach providers or staff about EBP, how to facilitate changes in attitudes and behaviors, and how to lead the changes. Make recommendations about how the organization can create a culture of evidence.
Apply selected resources to improve doctoral writing skills.
- Include an appendix after your reference page in which you identify a writing improvement and/or a writing resource used based upon the feedback you have received via Smarthinking during the course. Include evidence of the implementation of a tool such as the MEAL plan, outlining, reverse outlining, and/or various resources explaining the appropriate use of evidence. Identify how you used this tool to improve your paper.
Analysis of the outcomes of an intervention in the EBP process
Patients who are living with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL) are supposed to get information as early as possible on their health and this will be attained by the provision of education programs for the patients. The education process is expected to help in that it allows for the patients to be able to get information on diagnostic tests, lessons on the disease, the options of treatment, and the possible complications that may be faced (Cabanillas & Shah, 2017). This paper focuses on the analysis of the outcomes of carrying out an intervention to help patients with NHL. The proposed intervention that is implemented is the implementation of a 60 minutes patient education on B-cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma from diagnosis to treatment.
PICOT question and provide a transition to Step 5 of the EBP process
For adults with B-cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma living in the United States (P) does the implementation of 60 minutes of patient education on B-cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma from diagnosis to treatment (I) as compared to standard management of B-cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (C) help to improved understanding of B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, self-care, and self-efficacy in the management of B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (O) in one year (T)?
Population (P): Adults with B-cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma living in the United States.
Intervention (I): 60- minutes patient education on B-cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma from diagnosis to treatment.
Comparison (C): Standard management of B-cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
Outcome (O): Improved understanding of B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, self-care, and self-efficacy in the management of B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
Time (T): One year.
After the implementation of the intervention, there will be a need for carrying out an evaluation. The evaluation process is expected to be carried out in such a way that each of the healthcare providers can understand the steps that are taken and the outcome attained. This is expected to help in that it will ensure that one can manage the decision-making process and ensure that the patients can have a better standard of living.
The implementation of the new intervention is expected to help in the enhancement of the cases of self-care among patients. This implies that one can identify the challenges that are faced and take into consideration the processes of change needed for the improvement of the standard of health of patients. It is necessary that in the health setting there is a clear identification of the healthcare services that patients are expected to receive….
(click here to get full solution)