- Identify and describe at least 3 less-than-lethal options that are available to law enforcement.
- Identify and describe at least 1 new less-than-lethal or nonlethal technology that is currently under development.
- Make sure to include the following in your paper:
- What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using less-than-lethal weapons?
- What are some of the concerns about the inappropriate use of less-than-lethal weapons, such as torture?
- What use of force policies would you suggest to govern the use of less-than-lethal weapons?
- Include a title page, abstract, and separate reference page.
The understandings of the challenges that are faced by law enforcement agencies are expected to help in the determination of the best direction of change for the population. There are high risks of the people having to eliminate any risks of ensuring that all the members of the community have an understanding of the weapons that are used. There is a need for ensuring that there is the avoidance of any cases of use of weapons in the wrong way. The common options for law enforcement include the use of batons, pepper spray, and Tasers.
3 less-than-lethal options that are available to law enforcement
The interaction of officers and civilians has faced large scrutiny in the past few years especially in cases where there is the use of firearms by any of the parties (Beatty et al., 2020). The less than lethal options that could be used by law enforcement include electronic control weapons. These are weapons such as Tasers, the use of batons, and the use of pepper spray. These weapons are used on a large scale
New less-than-lethal or nonlethal technology that is currently under development
There are new less than lethal technology that is being used currently in the health setting. The use of these weapons is intended to help in handling the issue of management of law enforcement activities. One of the new technology being used is soft polymer rounds. These are found to be fundamental in the process of handling the riots that could arise in the community and are expected to be less lethal since it does not cause any effects. …
(click here to get full solution)