In this assignment, you will select an evidence-based practice problem from an identified list of topics provided by your course faculty (this is the topic you selected and identified in your unit 1 discussion). After selecting a topic from the provided list, you will develop a PICOT question around your topic. Then, you will discuss the selected topic problem and significance of the problem, as well as your search strategy in locating three research articles that align to your selected topic.
For this assignment, be sure to include the following assignment criteria in your paper:
- Discuss your selected evidence-based practice problem/topic.
- Discuss the significance of the selected evidence-based practice problem.
- Support your discussion in terms of statistics and evidence-based outcomes.
- Describe your PICOT question created around the selected evidence-based practice problem.
- Included the individual PICOT components, as well as a combine PICOT question, in sentence format.
- Identify the three articles you selected that address the problem which is the focus of your PICOT question.
- Describe the search strategy you used to locate these three articles, including terms used when search, the research databases, and how you refined your search to select the three articles.
Selection of an Evidence-Based Practice Problem
The interventions that are developed in healthcare is carried out after an effective process of identification of the problem and researching the health problem. The proposed strategies of change will be attained after critical research on the health issue. As a nurse, one should act as a patient advocate and the initial step is to ensure that there is an identification of a problem concern. This paper focuses on the selection of an evidence-based practice problem.
Selected evidence-based practice problem/topic
The selected evidence-based practice topic is catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI). The issues of urinary tract infections have become rampant among patients who are making use of the catheter (Zurmehly, 2018). As a result of the need for the healthcare providers to help in the identification of an intervention to help in the reduction of the issue of catheter infection, there will be a need for research on the health concern.
Significance of the selected evidence-based practice problem
There is a need for the healthcare providers to help in the determination of ways to manage CAUTI since the health concern leads to the deterioration in the quality of health of patients. One of the negative impacts of the increasing cases of CAUTI is that there is a rise of a rise in cases of readmission of patients and instances of the high cost of hospitalization. The prevalence of issues of CAUTI in the US is found to be between 8-10% of the patients who are making use of the catheter….
(click here to get full solution)