In today’s fast-paced and global community, most organizations are faced with constant change. Research contemporary organizations that are currently responding to a significant change within the industry, such as disruptive technology; state, government, or industry regulations; environmental constraints; judicial or legislative rulings; etc.
Choose one organization from your research that has recently responded to major change, or is currently responding to change. Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) discussing how well the organization is responding to the change dynamics. Include the following:
- Describe the organization and the change to which it is responding.
- Discuss the degree to which the change has been disruptive and how the organization has responded to the dynamics created by this change.
- Evaluate the strategies the organization used in its change plan and determine the level of success the organization experienced with the strategies.
- Determine the effect the change had on stakeholders, and to what degree stakeholders have resisted. Assess how well stakeholder resistance was addressed.
- Evaluate the overall implications the change had on interdepartmental collaboration.
- In your opinion, how well did the leaders of the organization respond and prepare for the change? What worked and what did not work with the strategies they implemented?
- What modifications would you suggest the leaders of the organization make in order to better address the change dynamics? What additional strategies would you recommend to assist the organization through this change?
Response to the change dynamics by Southwest Airlines
There are changes in different industries each time and the changes have had an impact on the determination of the best aspects of quality and satisfaction of the customers. As such, changes in organizations will be embraced depending on the impact that it will have on the operation of the employees and the impact it will have on the returns of the organization. Some changes would not be favorable for the organization such as the policies that may be brought in by the government of their cold be changes that could influence the organization in a positive way such as the use of information technology. The focus of this paper is to assess the dynamic change in the southwest airline and the response of the organization to the change.
Organization and the change to which it is responding
The organization that has been taken into account is Southwest Airlines. This is one of the low-cost airlines in the US and it has its operations based in Dallas. The airline operates in the US and other countries as a carrier and is an option that many could choose for their transportation by air due to the low costs. The organization has been instrumental in the support for the deregulation of the airline industry.
The change that the organization is responding to is the issue of the need for privatization of air traffic control. Southwest Airlines has played a key role in the process of support of the changes to ensure that air traffic control is privatized for effective operations. Tatalović, Bajić, and Šupuković (2017) depict that the discussion has been an interest for many airlines and the stakeholders….
(click here to get full solution for only $10)