The purpose of this assignment is to analyze a health care risk management program.
Conduct research on approaches to risk management processes, policies, and concerns in your current or anticipated professional arena to find an example of a risk management plan. Look for a plan with sufficient content to be able to complete this assignment successfully. In a 1,000‐1,250-word paper, provide an analysis of the risk management plan that includes the following:
- Summary of the type of risk management plan you selected (new employee, specific audience, community‐focused, etc.) and your rationale for selecting that example. Describe the health care organization to which the plan applies and the role risk management plays in that setting.
- Description of the standard administrative steps and processes in a typical health care organization’s risk management program compared to the administrative steps and processes you identify in your selected example plan. (Note: For standard risk management policies and procedures, look up the MIPPA-approved accrediting body that regulates the risk management standards in your chosen health care sector, and consider federal, state, and local statutes as well.)
- Analysis of the key agencies and organizations that regulate the administration of safe health care in your area of concentration and an evaluation of the roles each one plays in the risk management oversight process.
- Evaluation of your selected risk management plan’s compliance with the standards of its corresponding MIPPA-approved accrediting body relevant to privacy, health care worker safety, and patient safety.
- Proposed recommendations or changes you would implement in your risk management program example to enhance, improve, or secure the aforementioned compliance standards.
Health care risk management program
Card and Klein (2016) define risks as a threat of damages of injuries that are possible and could result in losses in the organization. Risks are brought about by the vulnerabilities that are found in an organization’s operation process or employees. However, risks may be avoided by making use of pre-emptive actions and hence calling for an organization to focus on having risks management plans that are efficient and that could allow for the prevention of risks from arising. In healthcare settings, there are extensive risks faced by healthcare providers or patients and hence calling for the need for one to have an understanding of risk management processes. Leaders are mainly tasked with the process of risk management at all times. This paper seeks to analyze a healthcare risk management program.
The type of risk management plan selected
In the health setting, the risk management issue that has been selected is the need for having a formal written prescription for patients at all times to avoid issues of errors. One of the risks that are common in the health setting is the cases of errors that could arise from varying reasons one of which is the lack of an effective process of identification of the patient’s needs at all times. This will result in the deterioration in the chances of patients getting the best kind of care. The risks of errors are common in the nursing department where the process of identification of the necessary medication for the patient becomes a challenge due to the poor labeling of the patient medication. Along these lines, the patients may end up being given the wrong medication by the healthcare providers….
(click here to get full solution)