Identify a quality improvement opportunity in your organization or practice. In a 1,250-1,500 word paper, describe the problem or issue and propose a quality improvement initiative based on evidence-based practice. Apply “The Road to Evidence-Based Practice” process, illustrated in Chapter 4 of your textbook, to create your proposal.
Include the following:
- Provide an overview of the problem and the setting in which the problem or issue occurs.
- Explain why a quality improvement initiative is needed in this area and the expected outcome.
- Discuss how the results of previous research demonstrate support for the quality improvement initiative and its projected outcomes. Include a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years, not included in the course materials or textbook, that establish evidence in support of the quality improvement proposed.
- Discuss steps necessary to implement the quality improvement initiative. Provide evidence and rationale to support your answer.
- Explain how the quality improvement initiative will be evaluated to determine whether there was improvement.
- Support your explanation by identifying the variables, hypothesis test, and statistical test that you would need to prove that the quality improvement initiative succeeded.
Quality Improvement Opportunity
As a healthcare provider, one should always ensure that patients are able to get the best care and that they are satisfied with the kind of care they are being given. The nurses will help in the identification of areas that need to be improved in the health setting and ensure that there are steps put in place for the improvements to be made. The focus of the identification of a quality improvement opportunity is to ensure that the patients are able to manage the challenges that are faced by patients and the available opportunities that could help in the elimination of the health issue. The focus of this paper is to identify a quality improvement opportunity and the interventions to improve the quality of care.
Overview of the problem and the setting in which the problem or issue occurs
The problem that has been identified is the issue of pressure ulcers among patients. This is the development of sores in the skin of the patient and leading in the deterioration in the quality of life of the patient while in the health setting or when they are receiving home care. Moore and Patton (2019) opine that issues of pressure ulcers are mostly seen among patients who are unable to move off to make changes to their position.
Pressure ulcers cause issues with the skin of the body of patients since it causes the patients to suffer challenge such as sores that make them uncomfortable. The impact of the issues of pressure ulcers is that the issue will end up causing patients to face risks of staying for a longer stay in the healthcare organization. This implies that the patients will end up making use of more resources. The patients may become ill and suffer injuries on the skin that may not be repaired….
(click here to get full solution)