As part of the discussion this week, you made a brief exploration of a work of art to understand its subject, meaning, and intent. In this assignment, you will explore an artwork in more depth to consider the context in which it was created. Choose any painting, and address the following:
- Explain the artistic movement associated with the work of art.
- Describe the style of the artist (How is the artist unique within the movement?)
- Examine in some depth the influences that shaped the work. Address at least 2 of the following:
- Stylistic influences
- Subject/content influences
- Cross-disciplinary influences such as literature, philosophy, music, science, technology, etc.
- Historical influences
- Political influences
- Reflect on your learning.
- How did your research enhance your appreciation of the artwork?
- How does understanding the context of a work help in interpreting it?
Exploration of a work of art
The artwork that has been selected for this discussion is “Women in the Garden” by Claude Monet. The painting is considered one of the best artworks and has been of great impression for the French artists. The artwork shows women who are in the garden busy with different activities.
The artistic movement associated with the work of art
The artwork was done in 1866-7. The artistic movement associated with this artwork is impressionism. Kuenzli (2017) depicts that impressionism is one of the famous French painting movements in that it was the time that an extensive revolution of the artwork in the French empire was seen. The period played an important role as well for the creation of artwork that showed the struggles that were faced by the people at the moment and the efforts taken to manage the issue of concern….
(click here to get full solution for only $5)