This assignment provides a learning activity for students to demonstrate understanding of quantitative and qualitative research, the purpose and importance of designs, and how research is critical for creating a credible evidence-based nursing practice.
Directions for Preparing the Scholarly Paper:
- Read each of these instructions.
- Read the assignment grading rubric criteria. Your paper will be graded using the assignment grading rubric criteria.
- Review the Recommended Guideline (Links to an external site.). The guideline is a recommended outline only and does not substitute for your assignment grading rubric.
- Review the following link which contains a tutorial for your Week 5 Assignment. Click here for the transcript. (Links to an external site.)
- This assignment is completed as an APA paper. APA resources can be found in your Resources Tab and the library. You are required to complete the paper using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.) . Click on the envelope at the top of the page
- Two or more supporting scholarly references are required. Textbooks and assigned readings are not allowed and should not be used as a scholarly source. Use the Chamberlain Library to locate relevant, scholarly sources.
- No more than two direct quotes are allowed. You should be using mostly your own words to demonstrate your understanding of the topics/criteria for this assignment. Citations and references must be included.
- This is a short, scholarly paper. The assignment should be 3-4 pages in length not including the title page and references page.
- Double check your work with the grading rubric to ensure you have met all grading criteria for this assignment.
- Submit the completed assignment on the Week 5: Assignment page.
Quantitative and Qualitative research
Nursing research is the process of researching to get evidence for support of nursing practice as alluded by LoBiondo-Wood et al. (2017). Typically, the research process in nursing is vital since nursing is an evidence-based practice area and the provision of care for patients is carried out by using the best evidence-based practices that are got from research. As such, there is a need for the process of nursing research. As a result of the fact that nursing is largely an evidence-based practice, nurses must learn and understand the use of principles of research. This paper evaluates research methods and the sampling process in a research process.
Importance of quantitative research
The process of carrying out research may be carried out by the use of quantitative research which involves the quantification of the problem by the generation of the numerical values for statistical analysis (Goertzen, 2017). The importance of making use of the study method is that it allows for the standardization of all the steps in research and hence ensuring that issues of bias are eliminated in the collection and analysis of data.
Type of quantitative design
Quasi-Experimental Design is a quantitative design that is in other instances called the causal-comparative. In this type of design, the aim is to determine the cause-effect relationship in the research process on two variables. The important factor about the design type is that as a research one does not take up the role of designing the groups or manipulate the independent variables….
(click here to get full solution for only $10)