The purpose of this assignment is to identify nursing care models (not Nursing Theories) utilized in today’s various health care settings and enhance your knowledge of how models impact the management of care and may influence delegation. You will assess the effectiveness of models and determine how you would collaborate with a nurse leader to identify opportunities for improvement to ensure quality, safety and staff satisfaction.
Directions : Use this form to complete the Week 5 Nursing Care Models Assignment: Nursing Care Models Worksheet (Links to an external site.)
- Read your text, Finkelman (2016), pp- 111-116. Watch the tutorial below.
- You are required to complete the assignment using the template.
- You will cite the textbook and one scholarly source for each of the two models. Scholarly references must be published within the last 5 years, peer-reviewed, from the Chamberlain Library only and you will need to provide the Permalink
- Review the information provided in our library of how to search for journal articles (Links to an external site.).
- Review the information provided in the library on how to locate and copy a journal permalink (Links to an external site.).
- Observe staff in delivery of nursing care provided. Practice settings may vary depending on availability.
- Identify the Model of nursing care that you observed. Be specific about what you observed, who was doing what, when, how and what led you to identify the particular model
- Review and summarize one scholarly resource (not your textbook) related to the nursing care model you observed in the practice setting.
- Review and summarize one scholarly resource (not including your text) related to a nursing care model that is different from the one you observed in the practice setting.
- Discuss the nursing care model from step #9, and how it could be implemented to improve quality of nursing care, safety and staff satisfaction. Be specific.
- Summarize this experience/assignment and what you learned about the two nursing care models.
- Submit your completed worksheet no later than 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday by the end of Week 5.
Step 1: Identify the model of nursing care that you observed. Be specific about what you observed, who was doing what, when, how and what led you to identify the particular model.
There are different organizational methods used in the process of provision of nursing care and an organization will choose different models. In an observation that was made, there was a group of healthcare providers who were delivering nursing services to the patients. The process of patient care was seen to be delivered concerning the needs of the patients. As such, the patients are called for the decision-making process and the options that are taken is that which the patient chooses. The process of care or patients is of importance and there is an ease in the identification of the best strategy of change that was needed for the patient care standards. The healthcare providers came to the patient room and presented the different healthcare options that should be taken into account is the need for taking into account a certain option as compared to the other. The patient is then left to make the decision. The actions of the nurses and the physicians in the healthcare model used in the healthcare facility observed are based on the needs of patients. As such, the patient’s needs are taken to be of importance for the process of decision making at all times. This has played a role in ensuring that the patients can get the satisfaction that is seen. The observation that is made is that the patients are always happy with the decisions that are carried out on them. This has ensured that there is an ease in the improvement of the process of patient care and allowing for the improvement of the process of developing patient care needs….
(click here to get full solution for only $10)