The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student with an opportunity to explore the nurse practitioner (NP) practice requirements in his/her state of practice, NP competencies and leadership skills to develop a plan to support professional development.
This assignment will follow the late assignment policy specified in the course syllabus.
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment.
In the event of a situation that prevents timely submission of an assignment, students may petition their instructor for a waiver of the late submission grade reduction. The instructor will review the student’s rationale for the request and make a determination based on the merits of the student’s appeal. Consideration of the student’s total course performance to date will be a contributing factor in the determination. Students should continue to attend class, actively participate, and complete other assignments while the appeal is pending.
Total Points Possible: 200
- The APN Professional Development Plan paper is worth 200 points and will be graded on the quality of the content, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- Submit the paper as a Microsoft Word Document, which is the required format at Chamberlain University. You are encouraged to use the APA Academic Writer and Grammarly tools when creating your assignment.
- Follow the directions below and the grading criteria located in the rubric closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum or emailed to your faculty.
- The length of the paper should be 5-8 pages, excluding title page and reference page(s).
- Support ideas with a minimum of 3 scholarly resources. Scholarly resources do not include your textbook. You may need to use more than 3 scholarly resources to fully support your ideas.
- You may use first person voice when discussing information specific to your personal practice or skills.
- Current edition APA format is required with both a title page and reference page(s). Use the following as Level 1 headings to denote the sections of your paper (Level 1 headings use upper- and lower-case letters and are bold and centered):
- APN Professional Development Plan (This is the paper introduction. In APA format, a restatement of the paper title, centered and not bold serves as the heading of the introduction section)
- APN Scope of Practice
- Nurse Practitioner (NONPF) Core Competencies
- Leadership Skills
APN Professional Development Plan
The scope of practice for nurses is useful for the provision of information on procedures, actions and the processes that healthcare providers are allowed to carry out. This is fundamental for the provision of the terms and guidelines that are provided in the license of an individual as a nurse practitioner. The scope of practice for NP is based on the experience that one has had, the level of education, and the competence that one poses as affirmed by Lofgren et al. (2017). As a healthcare provider, various services are of importance including the fact that one should have skills for decision making. This implies that leadership qualities should be there for nurses. In this paper, an assessment of the scope of practice for APN, their core competencies, and leadership skills that are a prerequisite for APN.
APN Scope of Practice
The state that is selected for operation after graduation in Florida. I have selected the state of Florida to work as an advanced practice nurse because I like the environment. Other than that, I like the operation of the healthcare providers in the community and I am in a position to provide the best services in a place that I am well satisfied with their terms of operation. In the state as well I can be in a position to access further education and learning from universities such as the Florida school of nursing.
The process of licensure of APN is carried out in the state by the Florida Board of Nursing. The requirements for one to be in a position to be licensed to work as an APN in the state include the fact that one should hold a valid RN license that is provided by any US institution. This will be prudent for the determination of the quality of healthcare services that one has provided….
(click here to get full solution for only $10)