In collaboration with your approved course mentor, you will identify a specific evidence-based practice proposal topic for the capstone project. Consider the clinical environment in which you are currently working or have recently worked. The capstone project topic can be a clinical practice problem, an organizational issue, a quality improvement suggestion, a leadership initiative, or an educational need appropriate to your area of interest as well as your practice immersion (practicum) setting. Examples of the integration of community health, leadership, and an EBP can be found on the “Educational and Community-Based Programs” page of the Healthy People 2020 website.
Write a 500-750 word description of your proposed capstone project topic. Make sure to include the following:
- The problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need that will be the focus of the project
- The setting or context in which the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need can be observed.
- A description providing a high level of detail regarding the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need.
- Impact of the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need on the work environment, the quality of care provided by staff, and patient outcomes.
- Significance of the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need and its implications to nursing.
- A proposed solution to the identified project topic
Problem or issue that will be the focus of the project
The issue of concern is urinary tract infection. Williams and Craig (2019) depict that UTI is an infection that occurs in any part of the urinary tract of the patient. The infection could affect eh kidneys, the bladder, the urethra, or the ureters. The condition in many instances affects women more than the case of men with 1 in 2 women are infected, unlike men who are found to be 1 in 10 men being infected. The health issue affects the standard of health of the patient and hence calling for nurses to help in the development of interventions that could allow for the elimination of the issue.
Setting or context in which the problem or issue can be observed
The issue of UTI is common in healthcare facilities but it is as well found among patients who are receiving home-based care. As such, patients are faced with challenges of infections in any setting. The condition affects the patients who have had the use of the catheter. However, the condition affects people who are healthy and may not have used a catheter….
(click here to get full solution for only $6)