This week, you will write a mini-scientific literature review. It is mini because you will only be reviewing two sources.
For this literature review assignment, we are going to give you a choice of three topics to choose from. Choose one for this assignment.
- COPD: treatment protocols
- Asthma: corticosteroids use in children and side effects
- DKA: treatment protocols
Remember, in a scientific review, focus your analysis on author’s hypothesis (thesis), scientific method used in the research, and the results of the study presented. In a scientific literature review, the reviewer (you) identifies what he/she perceives as the strengths and weaknesses of the study, and analyzes the author’s findings and conclusions.
For this review, be sure to:
- Select two relevant and appropriate scholarly articles that address the topic you chose.
- Present a thorough literature review of both articles by summarizing, synthesizing, and evaluating the materials.
- Demonstrate understanding of the content presented in the articles.
- Include a critical assessment of the sources. Do not simply include a summary of what you have read.
- Incorporate citations into your body paragraphs; incorporate the essential and most relevant supporting evidence eloquently and appropriately.
- Present your writing in a clear, organized manner.
- Provide a strong introduction and conclusion, including further questions for research.
- Use proper APA format with proper citations. Review APA Citations Here
COPD: treatment protocols
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is referred to as a group of lung diseases with the most common one being emphysema and chronic bronchitis and in some instances, the patient has both health conditions. The condition results in impacting the air sacs in the lungs and this results in influencing the flow of air. The issue of bronchitis causes issues of inflammation in the bronchial tubes. This increases the buildup of mucus. The issue of COPD results in the increase in the shortness of breath when one is having exercises and the increase in the issues of coughing although they may be mild. The patient with the condition will as well end up having issues of having an urge to clear their throat. The focus of this paper is a small review of the issue of COPD….
(click here to get full solution for only $7)