The purpose of the iCARE Paper assignment is to explore the concept of interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Nursing supportive actions of compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice will serve as a way to apply care concepts.
Please review the infographic as way to guide you in getting started with your assignment: Developing an Assignment with Integrity (Links to an external site.)
Getting Started: Interprofessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider you own work environment (or recent clinical setting).
- For this assignment, consider the concept of interprofessional teamwork and patient outcomes.
- Look to your current workplace as an example. (If you are not currently employed, look to a past workplace or clinical practice area.)
- Apply the components of the iCARE concept to interprofessional teams in a short paper. (Body of the paper to be 3 pages, excluding the title page and references page)
- iCARE components are:
E vidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- How could you contribute to an interprofessional team and patient outcomes through nursing actions of: compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice?
- Select one scholarly nursing article from CINAHL as a resource for your paper. Additional scholarly sources can be used but are optional. When searching in the CINAHL database, please limit your search word to one component of the paper you wish to emphasize, such as ‘Resilience’. Searching for the term iCARE will not produce the results you need.
- Use APA format throughout, particularly in citations and on the References page.
- Please paraphrase throughout. One short quote is permitted.
- The prepared paper template is RECOMMENDED for this assignment.
Interprofessional Teams and Patient Outcomes
Nurses are always expected to work in teams with each other and with other healthcare providers for the provision of the best services for patients. There are team actions that should be developed in the health setting to ensure that the patients can get the satisfaction they need from the services they are offered. One of the actions that should be improved is the action of empathy. The team should be taught of the importance of having empathy in ensuring that patients become open and share the necessary information with them. The type of team that could work best in the health setting is a multi-professional team. The focus of this paper is to evaluate the actions of nurses that contribute to compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice.
Chambers and Ryder (2018) depict that the compassion of nurses allows nurses to care for patients through their deeds and actions relating to the emotions. The actions of compassion that could be seen from a nurse include the action of being empathetic for them to be able to get an understanding of the challenges that patients are passing through. The simple actions as well such as knocking at the door of the patients before one enters indicate that one understands the need for respect for the privacy and dignity of patients….
(click here to get full solution for only $10)