When considering public health and health care systems and the services they provide, it is important to think about how these systems and services are integrated. Systems thinking tools are helpful to consider the various links, feedback loops, and decision points within a system to identify opportunities for improvement and increase efficiency.
For this assignment, select a low- or middle-income country of interest and assess its health system. In a 1,000-1,250-word paper, address the following:
- Describe the major components of the health system.
- Discuss core services the health system provides and who manages them(government, private sector, a mix of both, etc.).
- Discuss who is responsible for paying for those services or who funds the provided services.
- Apply a systems thinking tool, such as a causal diagram or process map, to identify opportunities for how gaps in public health services can be bridged through a strong health system.
- Conclude by considering how the convergence of communicable and noncommunicable diseases can be addressed more effectively through an integrated health system in the selected country.
Public health and health care systems
There are different healthcare systems offered by different counties and in each of the countries, there are different challenges faced and different strategies used. These allow for the population to be in a position to learn of the best need for care and the aspects of care or components of care that are important. The differences in the healthcare systems depend on the countries and the poverty level in the country. In this case, the country will be faced with a differing challenge in the case that it is unable to offer the best care for its people. The focus of this paper is to assess the health and healthcare system in Nepal.
Major components of the health system
The health system in Nepal is featured by a network of healthcare facilities and community workers as well as volunteers as argued by Thapa et al. (2019). The health services are considered to be fundamental rights for the people and all the citizens have a right to get basic health for free in the country. However, the country faces challenges since it cannot be able to provide such services to the people. There is a lack of an effective system to ensure that people can receive the required services for free….
(click here to get full solution for only $10)